Emerging Manager Showcase | November 7, 2017
Second round of applications is now open! Apply before June 15 to be considered for this year’s showcase. All strategies will be considered however the committee is seeking additional applications in the buyout sector.
Introduced in 2016, the Emerging Manager Showcase, a new addition to the LP-Only Day at the ILPA Summit, features 12 up-and-coming managers in private equity.
Highlights of the inaugural event:
- Manager spots were oversubscribed as the event is strictly limited to 12 managers
- 75 LP organizations attended (approximately 125 individuals)
- Attendees specifically noted the high-quality of attendees (both GPs and LPs) at the showcase
- Each Emerging Manager met with an average of 25 LPs over the course of the afternoon
- Managers indicated they cultivated on average 4 – 8 new relationships through their attendance at the Summit
How does the event work?
The Showcase is an opportunity for emerging GP firms to make connections with LPs. Held on November 7, 2017 from 12 – 5:30pm, managers will have a semi-private meeting space to use for group meetings with interested LPs. LP attendees will be invited to view participating emerging managers’ profiles to sign up for timeslots in advance with the emerging managers who they are most interested in meeting. The event will kick-off with a networking lunch for all LPs and participating managers.
How to attend:
To be considered for the showcase, all potential managers must submit an application form. Managers are then reviewed and qualified during an application process by a committee of LPs active and interested in this space to ensure a diverse and broad group of managers.
The ILPA’s Definition of “Emerging Manager” for this event:
- Raising a first or second institutional fund
- Fund size is under $1 Billion (minimum fund size considered is typically $100 - $150m)
We are seeking both new firms and recent spin-outs who are interested in building relationships with sought-after, accredited limited partner investors. If you are in the pre-marketing or marketing phase, currently raising a fund or will be raising a fund within the next 12 months, this is an ideal opportunity to introduce yourself at an event that is targeted at, and only attended by, LPs who are specifically interested in new managers.
To be considered for 2017 please complete the application form below.
Featured managers for 2016: