Professional Development Seminars
Some of our previous topics have included:
Influence & Negotiation Skills Workshop –Insight Partners
- A one-day professional development seminar on Influence and Negotiation. This customized seminar will draw on LP specific issues and provide an opportunity for participants to learn and apply a negotiation framework to effectively deal with challenging negotiation situations. This interactive seminar is grounded in theory developed at the Harvard Negotiation Project and will incorporate a combination of theory, case studies, role plays and discussions.
LBO Modeling Workshop –The Marquee Group
- During this intensive hands-on course, participants will have an opportunity to learn powerful skills to audit and find errors in existing LBO models, , review optimal design and structure of an LBO model and 3. Build the key LBO components within a model, including a Sources and Uses Schedule, complex pieces of debt and a circuit breaker to manage the model’s circularity.
Manager Selection and Monitoring: Systematically Measuring the Quality of Information Provided during GP Interviews using Business Intelligence Advisors’ Proprietary Methodology –Business Intelligence Advisors
- Participants in this seminar will be introduced to Business Intelligence Advisors’ (BIA) proprietary behavior assessment methodology developed by BIA’s founders in the US intelligence community. The Tactical Behavior Assessment® (TBA™) methodology is a systematic and consistent framework that relies on verbal and non-verbal indicators (BIA Indicators™) to measure the completeness, confidence and accuracy of information conveyed in all media.
Secondary Fund Modeling Seminar –Cogent Partners
- A one-day professional development seminar on secondary fund modeling presented by Cogent Partners. This practical hands-on workshop is designed to leave participants with a detailed understanding of modeling a private equity fund interest. At the end of the session attendees will have been exposed to all the major quantitative and qualitative considerations that go into evaluating and underwriting a private equity fund interest from a secondary perspective.
Think on Your Feet –McLuhan & Davies Communications, Inc
- A one-day communication-skills professional development seminar, Think on Your Feet®, presented by McLuhan & Davies Communications, Inc. This globally renowned seminar trains participants to organize their thoughts and ideas quickly for clear, concise, persuasive messages when put on the spot. It provides the skills to propose/defend/discuss a position, and get to the point. This seminar is ideal for Analysts, Managers and Investment Committee members looking to improve their communication skills to present their ideas efficiently and effectively.
For more information about the ILPA Professional Development Series or other Educational initiatives, please visit the Information Request page and select “Events and Education”.