In addition to the ILPA Board Executive Committee, the ILPA Board has several committees governing its numerous initiatives:
Audit and Finance Committee
- The audit and finance committee oversees the ILPA’s financial practices and ensures the proper reporting, accounting systems, and internal controls are in place. The committee also responsible for establishing the processes to identify, evaluate and manage the ILPA’s principal risks impacting financial reporting.
Membership & Events Committee
- The membership and events committee provides strategic direction on the recruitment, admission, retention, and engagement of institutional limited partners.
- The education committee steers the ILPA’s educational programing and is responsible for the strategic direction and development of webcasts, professional development seminars, workshop offerings and developing new curricula.
Research & Benchmarking Committee
- The research and benchmarking committee is responsible for the origination, development, and distribution of research and tools that assist LPs manage private equity portfolios. The committee also oversees the publication and adoption of the ILPA Private Markets Benchmark.
- The nominating committee is responsible for recommending members to the ILPA’s Board of Directors. The committee leads the solicitation of candidates, conducts interviews, and prepares the election process.
GP Summit Committee
- The GP Summit committee, comprised of both LPs and GPs, is tasked with developing innovative ideas that ensure the ILPA’s annual event continues to exceed expectations. The committee cultivates the invitation list, recommends the annual theme, and creates the content and strategy to ensure the continued attraction of high-quality participants.
Industry Affairs & Standards Committee
- The industry affairs and standards committee is responsible for developing the long-term strategic platform for ILPA’s industry affairs and advocacy mandate along with industry best practices.
Governance & Compensation
- The governance and compensation committee assists the board with corporate governance practices that address transparency, independence, accountability, and management oversight.