Emerging Manager Showcase | Save the Date: November 10, 2020
Stay tuned! The application period for the next Emerging Manager Showcase opens in February 2020.
- Raising a first or second fund (first institutional fund or small spinout of existing manager) but all candidates will be considered.
- Focusing on any sector, strategy & geography with the exception of infrastructure, real assets or real estate
- Seeking a minimum target fund size of $100 million
More about the ILPA Emerging Manager Showcase
The Emerging Manager Showcase brings the proven process and energy of the ILPA Summit to the highest caliber, up-and-coming teams of new managers. This highly-anticipated, one-day event leverages the groups meetings to optimize time and maximize connections, creating an experience like no other.
Why do Emerging Managers Participate in the Showcase?
- It’s Exclusive: The event is strictly limited to 15 managers. The last few year’s Emerging Manager spots were oversubscribed
- It’s Populated: 75 LP organizations typically (approximately 125 individuals)
- It’s High Caliber: Attendees specifically noted the high quality of attendees (both GPs and LPs) at the showcase
- It’s Robust: Each Emerging Manager met with an average of 20 LPs over the course of the afternoon
- It Works: Managers cultivated on average 4 – 8 new relationships through their attendance
How does the event work?
The Emerging Manager Showcase features 12 up-and-coming managers for LP attendees to meet in carefully coordinated group sessions. The Showcase takes place on the afternoon prior to the main ILPA Summit event from 10:00AM – 6:00PM at the Sheraton New York and serves as a highly anticipated curtain raiser to the ILPA Summit. Each manager has an exclusive meeting space to visit with LPs during 30-minute periods. LP attendees are invited to view participating emerging managers’ profiles and sign up for timeslots in advance with those who they are most interested in meeting. Each emerging manager is guaranteed that all 30-minute timeslots will be filled. The event kicks off with a brief panel aimed at EM Managers, flows into a networking lunch for all LPs and participating managers, and ends with a cocktail reception following the afternoon of meetings.
How do Emerging Managers attend?
To be considered for the showcase, all potential managers must submit an application form. Managers are then reviewed and qualified during an application process by a committee of LPs active and interested in this space, to ensure a diverse and broad group of managers.
Please submit an application using the form on this page.