Last Updated: May 2018
What information does ILPA collect?
The ability to access the public areas of this website does not require visitors to input personal information. ILPA members and/or those registering for ILPA events are required to provide information which may include but is not limited to name, email address, phone number, organization name, job title, city, state/province, and region in order to access member-only content on this site as well as receive information on ILPA events. ILPA members who voluntarily complete surveys for our organization will be asked for personal data as well. Visitors to the site who opt-in on this site to receive email communications from ILPA also provide name, email, organization and job title information.
How does ILPA use the information it collects?
ILPA uses the personal information it collects in a lawful manner to pursue our mission and operations and to engage in related activities. Specifically, information collected is used to:
• Assess and process membership applications as well as give members access to protected areas of the ILPA website
• Communicate to members and stakeholders about ILPA developments, activities and opportunities
• Provide contact information to ILPA members who seek to connect with limited partners on a global basis
• Provide attendee and speaker information to attendees and sponsors of ILPA events
• Conduct and analyze surveys focused on trends in the private equity industry
• Respond to requests and questions from stakeholders regarding their own information; to personalize or enhance transactions; to verify, process, store, enforce, investigate and/or collect actual or potential transactions with ILPA or third parties who offer member discounts
ILPA will not sell your individual personal data with third party entities for marketing purposes. ILPA may disclose information, internally or to third parties, to prevent harm to ILPA or others. ILPA may disclose information about any matter relating to the Site or your account to ILPA service providers (e.g. auditors, lenders, technology providers and others business consultants) in order to support our operations or to government regulators, law enforcement authorities or alleged victims of identity theft. The ILPA website contains hyperlinks to other website and is not responsible for the privacy practices, the terms and conditions of use, or any of the content of such sites.
How long does ILPA retain personal information?
ILPA generally will retain information for as long as required, allowed or for as long as ILPA believes it useful. ILPA may securely dispose of information at our discretion without notice, subject to applicable law.
How does ILPA use web analytics and cookies?
What steps are taken to keep personal information secure?
Keeping personal information that ILPA collects secure is of utmost concern to ILPA. ILPA exercises great care in providing secure transmission of your information from your computer to our servers. Personal information collected by the Site is stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public.
How can an individual access, change or delete personal information collected by ILPA?
Individuals wishing to access, change or delete their data collected by ILPA may do so by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Individuals wishing to change email subscription preferences or unsubscribe from ILPA communications may do so by contacting us directly or by selecting the email preferences link at the bottom of each and every email sent by ILPA and making changes directly on our preferences site.