ILPA is actively monitoring developments related to the global coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and its potential impact on travel to upcoming ILPA events and education sessions. Any changes to operating status will be communicated immediately to all registered attendees. Click here for the latest information from ILPA or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. The health, safety and well-being of ILPA members and our wider community is our highest priority.
Emerging Manager Showcase | Save the Date: November 10-12, 2020
- Raising a first or second fund (first institutional fund or small spinout of existing manager) but all candidates will be considered.
- Focusing on any sector, strategy & geography with the exception of infrastructure, real assets or real estate
- Seeking a minimum target fund size of $100 million
More about the ILPA Emerging Manager Showcase
In response to our members and their needs, we have decided to integrate the Emerging Manager Showcase with the main ILPA Summit this year which means 2.5 days of networking and more face time with LPs. The Emerging Manager Showcase brings the proven process and energy of the ILPA Summit to the highest caliber, up-and-coming teams of new managers. This highly-anticipated, event leverages the groups meetings to optimize time and maximize connections, creating an experience like no other.
How does the event work?
NEW THIS YEAR - The Emerging Manager Showcase will feature 15 up-and-coming managers for LP attendees to meet in carefully coordinated group sessions running simultaneously with the main ILPA Summit event on November 10-12. Each manager has an exclusive meeting space to visit with LPs during 50-minute periods, offering a deeper dive meeting opportunity. LP attendees are invited to view participating emerging managers’ profiles and sign up for timeslots in advance with those who they are most interested in meeting. Each emerging manager is guaranteed that 6 timeslots will be filled. The event kicks off the afternoon of Tuesday November 10 with GP/LP content and networking. On November 11 and 12, the Emerging Managers will have private meeting rooms and will participate in the GP/LP meetings as well as all of the networking aspects of the main ILPA Summit. See our event brochure for more information.
Why do Emerging Managers Participate in the Showcase?
- It’s Exclusive: The event is strictly limited to 15 managers. The last few year’s Emerging Manager spots were oversubscribed
- It’s Targeted: In previous years, ~75 LP organizations (125 individuals) specifically interested in Emerging Managers participate in the EM Showcase
- It’s High Caliber: Attendees consistently note the high quality of attendees (both GPs and LPs) at the showcase
- It Works: Managers met on average 20 LPs and cultivated new, productive relationships through their attendance
How do Emerging Managers attend?
To be considered for the showcase, all potential managers must submit an application form. Managers are then reviewed and qualified during an application process by a committee of LPs active and interested in this space, to ensure a diverse and broad group of managers.
Please submit an application using the form on this page.