Virtual ILPA Summit – Emerging Manager Showcase | November 10-12, 2020
We are doing our best to adapt and to evolve in the face of great uncertainty, and the safety and well-being of this community remains our highest priority. The 2020 ILPA Summit will be brought to you virtually this year and you can count on the same high quality, efficient experience you have come to know and to count on for the last 15 years. For any questions at this time, please reach out to Sara Mikolich at email@example.com.
- Raising a first or second fund (first institutional fund or small spinout of existing manager) but all candidates will be considered.
- Focusing on any sector, strategy & geography with the exception of infrastructure, real assets or real estate
- Seeking a minimum target fund size of $100 million
More about the Virtual ILPA Emerging Manager Showcase
In response to our members and their needs, we have decided to integrate the Emerging Manager Showcase with the main Virtual ILPA Summit this year which means 3 days of networking and more 1-on-1 time with LPs. The Emerging Manager Showcase brings the proven process and energy of the ILPA Summit to the highest caliber, up-and-coming teams of new managers. This highly-anticipated, event leverages the groups meetings to optimize time and maximize connections, creating an experience like no other.
How does the event work?
NEW THIS YEAR - The Emerging Manager Showcase will feature up-and-coming managers for LP attendees to meet in carefully coordinated group sessions running simultaneously with the main Virtual ILPA Summit event on November 10-12. Each manager has an exclusive meeting with LPs during 40-minute periods, offering a deeper dive meeting opportunity. Your Virtual ILPA Summit experience includes three days of content, networking events and a custom meeting schedule based on your preferences. The virtual experience will use an interactive platform so that you can connect directly with other attendees during scheduled meetings, participate in interactive cocktail and coffee networking events, and hear keynote speakers and leading service providers about best practices.
Why do Emerging Managers Participate in the Showcase?
- It’s Exclusive: The event is strictly limited to 15 managers. The last few year’s Emerging Manager spots were oversubscribed
- It’s Targeted: In previous years, ~75 LP organizations (125 individuals) specifically interested in Emerging Managers participate in the EM Showcase
- It’s High Caliber: Attendees consistently note the high quality of attendees (both GPs and LPs) at the showcase
- It Works: Managers met on average 20 LPs and cultivated new, productive relationships through their attendance
How do Emerging Managers attend?
To be considered for the showcase, all potential managers must submit an application form. Managers are then reviewed and qualified during an application process by a committee of LPs active and interested in this space, to ensure a diverse and broad group of managers.
Please submit an application using the form on this page.