Virtual ILPA Summit – Emerging Manager Showcase | November 9-11, 2021
Over the last 17 years, ILPA Summit has become known as an important industry event, and as a time and cost effective forum for meeting with private equity professionals to develop, build and maintain long-term relationships. This year the EM Showcase will again be integrated into the main Summit. Qualified EMs and engaged LPs are scheduled to meet based on optimized preferences to ensure productive and mutually beneficial meetings. ILPA uses a proprietary algorithm created specifically for this unique event and including a ranking system which is modified annually to continue improving attendee schedules.
The application period for 2021 runs from February 15 to June 15. Please see application on the right side of this page and criteria below. For any questions at this time, please reach out to Sara Mikolich at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Raising a first or second fund (first institutional fund or small spinout of existing manager) but all candidates will be considered.
- Focusing on any sector, strategy & geography with the exception of infrastructure, real assets or real estate
- Seeking a minimum target fund size of $100 million
More about the Virtual ILPA Emerging Manager Showcase
In response to our members and their needs, we have decided to integrate the Emerging Manager Showcase with the main Virtual ILPA Summit this year which means 3 days of networking and more 1-on-1 time with LPs. The Emerging Manager Showcase brings the proven process and energy of the ILPA Summit to the highest caliber, up-and-coming teams of new managers. This highly-anticipated, event leverages the groups meetings to optimize time and maximize connections, creating an experience like no other.
How does the event work?
RETUNRING THIS YEAR - The Emerging Manager Showcase will feature up-and-coming managers for LP attendees to meet in carefully coordinated group sessions running simultaneously with the main ILPA Summit event on November 9-11. Each manager has an exclusive meeting with LPs during 40-minute periods, offering a deeper dive meeting opportunity. Your ILPA Summit experience includes three days of content, networking events and a custom meeting schedule based on your preferences. The event experience will connect directly with other attendees during scheduled meetings, participate in interactive cocktail and coffee networking events, and hear keynote speakers and leading service providers about best practices.
Why do Emerging Managers Participate in the Showcase?
- It’s Exclusive: The event is strictly limited to 15 managers. The last few year’s Emerging Manager spots were oversubscribed
- It’s Targeted: In previous years, ~75 LP organizations (125 individuals) specifically interested in Emerging Managers participate in the EM Showcase
- It’s High Caliber: Attendees consistently note the high quality of attendees (both GPs and LPs) at the showcase
- It Works: Managers met on average 15-20 LPs and cultivated new, productive relationships through their attendance
Applications are now being accepted for the 2021 event.
Please note: As ILPA is an association for investors in private equity, GPs applying should note that funds that are very niche focused or focused on real assets, infrastructure and real estate are most likely not a fit for the ILPA Summit. General Partner attendees include Buyout, Growth, Distressed, Mezzanine, Secondary, Venture Capital, and select specialty funds from around the world.
How do Emerging Managers attend?
To be considered for the showcase, all potential managers must submit an application form. Managers are then reviewed and qualified during an application process by a committee of LPs active and interested in this space, to ensure a diverse and broad group of managers.
Please submit an application using the form on this page.