- 11:00 AM - 12:15 PM
- 1:30 PM - 2:45 PM
This workshop will take a deep dive into the best practices for the Limited Partner Advisory Committee (LPAC) with a focus on formation and structure, operations and governance, and conflicts and communications. Using the guidance offered in ILPA Principles 3.0, we will review current practices and explore aspirational improvements that aim to ensure the fund is properly guided and governed by those selected to do so. Roles and responsibilities of both GPs and LPs will be discussed, with case studies bringing to life the impact the LPAC has on the health of the partnership.
- Discuss the primary purposes of the LPAC as a governing body.
- Share best practices in terms of LPAC formation and ongoing operations.
- Discuss interplay between LPAC mandate and responsibility of members.
- Identify differences in approach based on geography.
- Understand the needs of LPs who are LPAC members vs LPs that are not.
- Examine opportunities to solidify LPAC best practices in the LPA at the outset.
Institutional Limited Partners Association is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org