Save the Date for 2019! Join us in New York, November 5 - 7!
Registration will open mid-April
The ILPA Summit is the private equity industry's premier networking event, bringing together top GPs and LPs from around the world for two unsurpassed days of private meetings and relationship-building opportunities.
Qualified GPs and engaged LPs are scheduled to meet based on optimized preferences to ensure productive and mutually beneficial meetings.
Attendees further benefit from exclusive access to the Professional Development Seminar and popular LP-Only Dinner.
Emerging Manager Showcase
The ILPA Emerging Manager Showcase will be returning to the Summit on November 6. The showcase will feature a curated group of up-and-coming managers, hand-picked by a committee of LPs. Don’t miss your chance to meet firsthand with this select group in their early years of operation.
Held from 12:00 – 6:00pm, the showcase will begin with lunch, followed by 30-minute group meetings with the managers in semi-private meeting spaces and ending with cocktails. In late September, LPs registered for the showcase will be invited to view participating emerging managers’ profiles in the event mobile tool and sign up for timeslots in advance.
More information about the Emerging Managers featuring in the showcase will be coming soon.
2018 Keynote Speaker, November 7
Historically the most senior woman on Wall Street, Sallie Krawcheck has a record of turning around financial services businesses, even during the financial crisis, by employing an intense and unique client focus that earned her the title "The Last Honest Analyst."
Sallie Krawcheck’s professional pre-eminence spans several businesses: she is the CEO and Co-Founder of Ellevest, a digital investment platform for women; she is the Chair of Ellevate Network, the global professional woman’s network; and she is the Chair of the Pax Ellevate Global Woman’s Index Fund, which invests in the top-rated companies in the world for advancing women.
Krawcheck is the past CEO of Merrill Lynch Wealth Management, the largest wealth management business in the world, at $2.2 trillion in client balances.
Krawcheck was named number 9 on Fast Company’s 2014 “100 Most Creative People in Business” list, as well as one of “10 Up and Coming Leaders to Watch” by Entrepreneur Magazine. During the research scandals, Fortune Magazine called her “The Last Honest Analyst” and noted that hers was the most influential voice for research quality and integrity.
Her keynote promises to be one of a kind, thanks to her unique position in the world of finance.
2018 Professional Development Seminar, November 6
Critical Thinking for Success - Details
ILPA is pleased to offer a half-day professional development seminar on the neuroscience behind your best critical thinking, presented by Scott Halford, CSP, CPAE. Scott is a National Hall of Fame Speaker, Emmy Award winning writer and producer, and a long-time advisor to Fortune 500 executive teams. In this interactive workshop, learn about what sets us up for our best critical thinking and how it can work for you and your team. Strong critical thinking is an asset that contributes to every aspect of business; helping individuals and organizations spend time, effort and assets on ideas that benefit from applied deep thinking. By learning to set the stage for critical thinking, you will provide new insights and strategic direction for yourself and your organization.
Your brain has never been so switched on as it will be with practical new insights about how to be a more successful thinker with others - all from the latest research in neuroscience. This workshop explores how to set the right conditions for the brain to help you be more effective, make better decisions, be more creative and to help you attain your goals. Tactics and tips are science-based and proven in some of the world's most prestigious neuroscience labs.
This seminar will enable you to:
- Understand and apply the neuroscience that sets the stage for our best thinking.
- Discover the nine Gateways of Critical Thinking.
- Participate in interactive activities that will guide you in generating new insights.
- Identify and address flawed thinking in a constructive manner.
Why should LPs participate in the ILPA Summit?
- Effective use of resources: Opportunity to meet with a number of select, high-quality GPs in a time-efficient and cost-effective way.
- Relationship-oriented: Build and strengthen relationships with GPs, whether they are fundraising or not, and meet GPs that you have not met with before or who may be outside your geographic area.
- LP-only networking: Prior to the ILPA Summit, ILPA holds an LP-only day for over 100 global LPs including the member-favourite LP-only dinner, sold out the last four years.
- Timely sessions: The Summit committee seeks out relevant and timely speakers each year to discuss a current hot topic. Past sessions and speakers have included Sir Salman Rushdie discussing politics and modern literature, the Moneyball methodology with Billy Beane, climate change with Tom Steyer, futurist Ian Morrison discussing healthcare and the changing business environment, and panels on value and growth, incorporating ESG principles and distressed investing.
- Additional educational opportunities: During the LP-only day, ILPA offers a Professional Development Seminar, customized for LPs, free of charge to LPs who fulfill their meeting schedule. Details on the 2018 seminar will be available later this spring.
- Support ILPA: The ILPA Summit represents the means by which ILPA can provide its members with all of its current offerings. World-class educational programs, subsidized conferences and events, on-line tools for fund evaluation and best practices are all subsidized by the ILPA Summit. Member participation at the Summit ensures our continued focus on current and relevant PE issues.
SummitMatch Meeting Scheduling System – How it works
A Unique Scheduling Algorithm
Over the past 14 years, ILPA has created a proprietary meeting-scheduling algorithm, which continually receives outstanding reviews from attendees.
Meeting selections occur over a two-week period, during which, each organization must log into the meeting system to view a pre-filtered list of registered firms. These firms will have been selected based on the initial investment criteria provided by the lead registrant. From this list, each organization will “rank” firms based on a scoring system using the following scale:
- Category 1: Ideal
- Category 2: Preferred
- Category 3: Neutral
- Category 4: Prefer not to meet with
- Category 5: Cannot meet with
They will also be asked to note:
- Investor Status (Existing or Prospective)
- Knowledge Level (Familiar or Unfamiliar)
Attendees will be provided with the GP participant list in an Excel file (to filter by sector, fund size or geography), or in a PDF (which includes detailed profile and fund history) to assist in the ranking process.
GP organisations will also rank LPs based on their desire to meet with them. During the optimization process, the SummitMatch algorithm will compute the LP and GP selections, generating a score for each LP/GP combination. Meeting schedules will then be populated based on this combined score, prioritizing the best scores to indicate mutual interest. The goal of the system is to fill both LPs’ and GPs’ meeting schedules with their top preferences.
For more information, please contact Grace Arnold, Event Manager on [email protected] or +1 416-941-9393 Ext: 2250