The Private Equity for the Limited Partner course, part of ILPA’s “Comprehensive” class series, provides an unparalleled experience for the participant seeking to deepen knowledge and skill across the areas essential to private equity investment success. Designed by ILPA and delivered by leading practitioners, this course covers every area critical to Private Equity investment – and nothing else. For that reason, the class (along with its companion offering in Private Credit) is considered by many to be the most valuable in the ILPA catalog.
This course combines (i) an especially intelligent curriculum design built around the rhythm of Private Equity investment, with an infusion of (ii) ILPA’s Principles, templates and associated resources and (iii) significant interactivity and peer-to-peer learning driven through structured conversations and the use of a custom case study.
Who Should Attend?
This class is designed to significantly add to the skill of every limited partner professional whether in an investment/allocation role or one in support or oversight of the investment process. Throughout the experience, special care is taken to highlight the critical and interdependent nature of those roles required for successful private equity investment outcomes
Course Dates and Fees
January 27-28, 2021 (Virtual) 10am - 4pm EST / 7am - 1pm PST
Member Early Bird rate: $1,199*
Member rate: $1,499
Early Bird Deadline: January 8, 2021
* The Member Early Bird rate represents a 20% virtual discount from our standard rate.
Key Learning Objectives
- Understand the rise of the Private Equity asset class and the historical implications that affect today’s investment landscape
- Examine the key factors that account for success in Private Equity investments and why principled decisions connect directly to top investment performance
- Master basic legal frameworks and considerations for structuring investment partnerships
- Develop tools and processes for finding and evaluating the best managers
- Explore disciplined due diligence of high-potential managers
- Integrate ILPA’s Principles, templates and other resources into investment processes
- Determine, benchmark and monitor manager performance over time
- Derive understanding and transparency from manager reporting over time
PROGRAM LEVEL: Overview
PRE-REQUISITE: No pre-requisites are required to attend the program
PRE-READING: There are no pre-reading materials for this program
DELIVERY METHOD: Group-Live
CREDIT: Earn 12 CPE Credits
Institutional Limited Partners Association is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org
CFA Institute: ILPA members have the ability to earn CE credit for their participation in this program and can use their online CE tracker to document it. Any questions can be directed to the CFA Institute at [email protected].