ILPA’s Private Markets Edge is a quarterly e-magazine for ILPA members focused on evergreen issues facing the global LP community as well as new and emerging topics.
Feedback and questions on ILPA Private Markets Edge should be directed to [email protected].
Click the report image to the left to download a PDF or view a magazine in browser.
Inside this issue, ILPA members will:
- Hear from CEO Steve Nelson about two issues that are top of mind for LPs, technology and ESG
- Get inspired to Take Action on technology:
- Take a look at ILPA's assessment of the technology challenge
- Access the Technology Vendor Resource Center to get a head start on selecting a technology vendor
- Watch a Quick Takes video with an expert who shares why technology modernization is worth it
- Hear from two ILPA members on their technology modernization journey
- See what is Top of Mind for LPs:
- Learn more about continuation funds and potential post-pandemic investment drivers in a Quick Takes video excerpt
- Understand the Biden Administration's policy priorities and keep up-to-date on the U.S.-China relationship in Policy Corner
- Discover opportunities to Get Involved in ILPA virtual events and education and to weigh in on ILPA priorities and content
Related Video Content
ILPA's Neal Prunier is joined by the Founder of Cordatius, LLC Ken Akoundi to discuss if technology investment is worth it for LP organizations.
Watch and excerpt of an interview between ILPA's Steve Nelson and Jonathan Hausman of OTPP on their study of potential post-pandemic investment drivers.
Featured Voices of Private Equity Podcast
In This Episode:
In a unique episode, Jen is joined by Ken Akoundi, Founder of Cordatius LLC; Mark Steed CIO at the Arizona Public Safety Personnel Retirement System; and Antonio Rodriguez, Director of Investment Strategy for the New York City Board of Education Retirement Systems for a discussion on the stages and benefits of integrating new technology.
Ken is a private markets technology expert who has advised hundreds of investors on selecting and integrating technology; his experience has led him to a definitive conclusion – the technology investment is unequivocally worth it. And surprisingly, it often costs less than LPs expect.
Having recently completed technology modernization, Mark shares his perspective on obstacles that larger, established teams may face, while Antonio lends the unique perspective of a newer investment program that is starting from scratch. The group discusses the most common obstacles to securing the technology spend and to integrating upgraded systems as well as the resounding efficiency improvements that result once the project is complete.
Finally, as they say ‘hindsight is 20/20;’ Mark and Antonio share what they wish they had known before they started their technology modernization exercise.
Have questions, comments, or concerns? Email us at [email protected]